Friday 26 July 2013

North East Landmarks

This week I have been on holiday from the day job to spend time with the kids and to do a bit of sewing too.  As we have been out and about, I have been trying to look at views and landmarks from the perspective of whether I could produce a textile picture from them.

The first piece I did was a general amalgamation of a number of landmarks - the ones that I think make this area identifiable.  I produced a 12" x 10" picture which I have been extremely lucky to sell straight away.  It will be mounted this weekend and then posted to its new home in Stockton-on-Tees.



I am quite happy with how it turned out and will hopefully get some high quality photos before it is posted off so that I can get some greetings cards printed.

A few days ago, my youngest daughter and I went out for lunch at the coast and took this photo.



Although the light wasn't great I thought this was a great subject for a new picture. I finished this one yesterday and am quite pleased with the result.


This one has a lot less patterned material so that you can see the stitching. I also consciously used coordinating thread colours rather than my usual black and am pleased with the result.



No comments:

Post a Comment